Bibliography: orchard guides, research and downloads
Information and practical guides
- Why we prune fruit trees – a guide
- How and when – an introduction to pruning
- Winter pruning – a guide
- Restoration pruning – a guide
- Summer pruning fruit trees – a guide
- Formative pruning – a guide
- Grafting introduction – a guide
- Whip and Tongue – a guide
- Scion Selection – a guide
- Bud grafting – a guide
- Framework grafting – a guide
Orchard tasks and management
- Orchard year-planner chart
- Planting fruit trees – a guide
- Orchard floor management – a guide
- Mapping your orchard – a guide
Orchard health, pests and disease
Research and publications
Cash in the Orchard
The information given here relates to the ‘Cash in the Orchard’ workshops held in Broadclyst, Devon on the 25th & 26th November 2010. The focus of the workshop was to explore the options for making Traditional Orchards sustainable. The day consisted of speaker presentations, case studies, activities and a field visit. The speakers and topics covered were varied, reflecting the many facets of Traditional Orchards and the many ways in which we benefit from them.
The workshop formed part of the Conserving & Restoring Traditional Orchards, England Project – jointly funded by the National Trust and Natural England’s Countdown 2010 Fund.
We are happy for the information to be shared widely, but ask that the relevant authors/organisations are fully acknowledged where appropriate.