Last updated 27/3/18
Terms and Conditions
- Processing of data is carried out by or on behalf of People’s Trust for Endangered Species (PTES). PTES is a registered charity in England and Wales (274206)
- If we have your personal details we will never provide them to a third party without your written authorisation, unless compelled to do so by a court with appropriate authority.
- PTES Shop terms and conditions
- How to update your information or change your preference
- You can opt out of communications from us at any time. If you would like to please contact us and we will ensure this happens.
- If you wish to see the personal information we hold on you, you may fill out a Subject Access Request. Please send this to email@example.com
- What data we collect and process:
- The personal information you provide when filling out a PTES form, such as a donation form, including your name, contact details, bank account and credit card details and contact preferences.
- The information you provide when registering to receiving emails from us, applying for a grant or job, or taking part in a wildlife survey, such as what you recorded and the location.
- We may also receive information about you when you interact with third parties with whom we work. For example, where you’ve made a donation to us through a third-party website such as Just Giving and given them permission to share your information with us. We also collect information about whether individuals are opening emails sent via our email platform Pure360. This information is used to help us manage the effectiveness of our email communications.
- Data collected for the Mammals on Roads survey includes details of your route as well as the location of sightings. Other surveys may collect full address data where required to derive sufficiently accurate locations.
- We include a piece of code on our website called Facebook Pixel which allows us to advertise to you on Facebook. The advert is shown on your own Facebook page. You can set preferences for how Facebook advertises to you using Facebook ad preferences.
- How we process data:
- We may use your details to send you information about our conservation work, fundraising and campaigning activities, or to invite you to participate in voluntary surveys and research. We only do this if you have consented to receive communications from us, unless there is an administrative purpose.
- We use your banking details to process donations you have made and other financial transactions such as Gift Aid claims or shop transactions.
- We keep records of supporters so we can manage relationships, update supporters on surveys they have taken part in, deal with feedback or complaints and manage individual’s communication preferences.
- We carry out internal analysis to determine the success of fundraising materials. This allows us to create better fundraising communications and give our supporters the best experience possible, and helps us reach people with similar interests online.
- We process the scientific data from surveys and conservation projects as part of our charitable mission to help wildlife and endangered species.
- Third parties
- We never sell, rent or swap data with other charities or companies for marketing purposes.
- We disclose information to third parties in an anonymised manner when undertaking analysis, such as wildlife surveys.
- We transfer data to third parties who are carrying out administrative or financial tasks for us. We own the data at all times and hold a contract and non-disclosure agreement for any third party that is given data. An example of a third party is our email provider, who is given data in order to send emails to our supporters on our behalf.
- We occasionally may point the public to other websites from our own website. Please ensure that you are happy with those website Privacy Policies before submitting any data.
- Our website is aimed at over 18s. If you are under 18 we advise you inform your parent or guardian if you wish to submit any data via any forms.
If you have questions regarding our privacy policies, or require assistance in opting out of our contact lists, please contact us.