Stag beetle activities
Find out about the amazing world of stag beetles with our colourful booklet and follow on activity sheets, full of fun ideas for primary aged children (KS1 and KS2).
All about stag beetles
Meet the stag beetle information booklet
‘Meet the stag beetle was produced with our partners and stag beetle experts at Royal Holloway, University of London.
Meet the stag beetle activity ideas
- Design a poster
- Beetle olympics
- Beetle shaped poem
- The stag beetle and me | The stag beetle and me worksheet
- What-where-how-why poster
- Bug passport | Bug passport- lower level | Bug passport- higher level
- Life cycles | Life cycles worksheet
- Food chains |Food chains worksheet
Wildlife garden activities
- Make a log pile
- Bug tower block workshop
- Bury buckets for beetles| Bury buckets for beetles introduction
- Wildlife bingo | Wildlife bingo worksheet
Arts and crafts
- Split pin stag beetle |Male split pin stag beetle template | Female split pin stag beetle template
- Natural material sculpture
- Bug bling
- Build a flying model
- Pipe cleaner beetle
- Stag beetle colouring sheets
Tell us how you get on
Send us photos or stories of your children in action and we will send each child one of our Wildlife World magazines.
Email your updates and any other feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you have consent for us to use the images in our magazines and on our website.
See more ideas for how you can help stag beetles: