Our hedgehog themed activities are best used with primary aged children. They cover a variety of National Curriculum units and can be carried out come rain or shine.
My son’s primary school had a ‘hedgehog day’ at a farm where we used some of the PTES educational resources. They said it was ‘the best trip ever’ and returned home to hassle their parents to make holes in their garden fences! – Ursula
Click on the links below to download leader’s notes for each activity. Some activities also have additional work sheets to download.
- Bug banquet game leader’s notes | Bug banquet game cards
- Design a hedgehog hibernacula leader’s notes
- Hedgehog hazards leader’s notes| Hedgehog hazards worksheet
- Hedgehog homes leader’s notes | Hedgehog homes worksheet
- Make dinner for a hedgehog leader’s notes | How to make dinner for a hedgehog worksheet and advice note
- Prickle promises leader’s notes | Prickle promises worksheet
- Seasons flick book leader’s notes
- visit the Hedgehog Street website to sign up for a free champion’s email pack, gallery and forum and become a HEDGEHOG SCHOOL! Run by People’s Trust for Endangered Species and British Hedgehog Preservation Society.
Free wildlife magazines
Send us photos or stories of your children in action and we will send each child one of our Wildlife World magazines.
Email your updates and any other feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you have consent for us to use the images in our magazines and on our website.