- This event has passed.
National Dormouse Conference 2019
THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT
Our National Dormouse Conference is a must for all dormouse monitoring volunteers to learn more about hazel dormouse conservation and meet up with fellow wildlife enthusiasts. The day will be packed full of exciting talks from the country’s top dormouse experts and researchers, as detailed below:
- Ian White Dormouse Officer for PTES will discuss the State of Britain’s Dormice 2019 and ongoing conservation work
- Simone Bullion Conservation Manager at Suffolk Wildlife Trust will investigate the means by which we can survey for dormice
- Cecily Goodwin Post Doc. Researcher Uni. Exeter will discuss an analysis of the NDMP data
- Hannah Bond will present her findings on data about other mammals that are recorded in dormouse boxes
- Megan Gimber is the Key Habitat Officer at PTES and will talk about her work on a revised National Hedge survey
- Jenny Singh is the Senior Ecologist for Arup and will talk about the work she has been doing on the M1 to protect the resident dormice from construction work on the motorway
- Matthew Norris-Hill is part of the team delivering the Test Valley Project and he will highlight lessons learnt and how a similar project might be implemented elsewhere
- Ian Court is the Wildlife Conservation Officer for Yorkshire Dales National Park and he will discuss the Wensleydale Dormouse Project
- Sarah Bird is the Biodiversity Officer at Chester zoo and a leading member of the Northwest Dormouse Partnership where they have been PIT tagging dormice at Bontouchel woods in North Wales for 15 years.
- Leo Gubert works for Highway England and is also studying for a PhD on dormice hibernation. He will present his latest results
- Rachel Findlay-Robinson is a PhD researcher at the University of Cumbria investigating the impacts of climate on breeding and hibernation
Please contact us if this is a company booking and you would like us to invoice you rather than booking online. Please note as People’s Trust for Endangered Species is not VAT registered VAT is not added to conference tickets.
On booking you will receive a confirmation email for your records. You should also receive an email with full details of the day shortly after- please call us on 0207 4984533 if you do not received this, especially if you are booking last minute. You will not need to bring tickets on the day.
By booking on the dormouse conference you are agreeing to our events terms and conditions.