Dormouse training information for trainers
A course on dormouse conservation and ecology should include:
- Ecology of the hazel dormouse- see Ecology of the hazel dormouse presentation
- The legislation concerning dormice- see Legislation for dormice in Britain
- Where the dormouse are found, distribution and habitat- see Conservation of the hazel dormouse
- The problems the species faces, population declines and reasons- see Conservation of the hazel dormouse
- Survey methodology- see Conservation of the hazel dormouse
- The National Dormouse Monitoring Programme- see The NDMP and NDD entering data and forms
- Habitat management for dormice- see Conservation of the hazel dormouse, Woodland management
Presentation and notes
Below is a list of editable powerpoint presentations and notes available for use in your training courses. Please email email@example.com to access these resources.
Ecology of the hazel dormouse
Conservation of the hazel dormouse
Legislation for dormice in Britain
The NDMP and NDD entering data and forms
Training for a dormouse licence
The role of organisations
Checking dormouse boxes
This is a sample from the Conservation of the hazel dormouse presentation. You are free to use either the whole presentation, individual slides or content within them.
Conservation of the hazel dormice
Finding dormice—survey methods
Problems for the species
Also see our Useful documents and forms page
If you have any constructive comments regarding the information given in this section please email firstname.lastname@example.org.