Fun, feel-good, festive gifts from leading wildlife charity now on sale
Eco-friendly, wildlife-inspired Christmas gifts are now on sale from leading UK wildlife charity People’s Trust for Endangered Species (PTES). This year, PTES aims to bring joy, vibrancy and colour to everyone’s Christmas through their range of gifts and stocking fillers, which is crammed full of new fun, feel-good items from games for children to luxury treats for adults.
All gifts are made from sustainable products, low-waste and are locally and ethically sourced where possible. As always, 100% of all profits will go directly to helping wildlife in the UK and overseas. There are gifts for all ages, budgets and interests, from wildlife art, beautiful homewares and wildlife-friendly gardening kits to exclusive Christmas cards, wooden jewellery and games for children. To find the perfect presents for your friends and family, visit: shop.ptes.org.
New gifts for this year include:
- Make your own colourful bugs: A children’s craft kit containing 10 pre-cut cardboard sheets, a great introduction to origami!
- Colourful creatures heads and tails: A mix and match of children’s games designed to help with counting and learning numbers.
- Felt so good: Fairtrade, handmade felt Christmas decorations, for bringing some unique festive cheer to your Christmas tree. All are 100% wool, plastic free and are hand-stitched – no glue used here, just a needle and thread! Choose from a fun selection of different animals great and small, from bees and crickets to octopuses and sloths. Guaranteed to bring a smile to all who see them hanging from your tree!
- Bramblewood soaps: Frankincense & Myrrh and Cinnamon & Orange are the new scents this Christmas. These beautifully scented soaps are palm-oil free, vegan, made from 100% natural ingredients and are handmade in Dorset. Packaged in 100% recyclable, biodegradable, and plastic-free glassine wrap, these are the perfect stocking filler!
- Wildlife seedball boxes: Each of the six boxes are designed to attract a range of native wildlife to you garden or balcony, from hedgehogs to birds, bats and bees. Each is made in the UK, easy to plant and comes with simple instructions to plant come spring. Fast forward 4-6 weeks and sprouts will start to appear, followed shortly by a myriad of wildlife!
On top of these new items, PTES’ shop is also crammed full of sustainable stocking filler ideas and gifts, including embroidery kits for beginners and experienced stitchers alike, cosmetic bags available in several eye-catching designs, wildlife prints for any wall or shelf and wheat heat bags for cold winter days.
PTES’ Gifts for Nature are the ideal solution for those who are tricky to buy for.These virtual gifts are £20 each, with the recipient receiving an illustrated card explaining how their donation is helping wildlife both here in the UK but internationally too. Choose from: Protect a pride of lions (new for 2021), Hare today, gone tomorrow (new for 2021), A purrfect solution for wildcats (new for 2021), Wild about cider, Leaping into action for snow leopards, House a dormouse, A lifeline for stag beetles, Making room for hedgehogs, and Water vole SOS.
To browse and purchase the full range of PTES’ gifts, visit: shop.ptes.org.
– ENDS –
For high-res images, interview requests or further information, please contact Adela Cragg:
T: 07532 685 614
Notes to Editors
- PTES, a UK conservation charity created in 1977, is ensuring a future for endangered species throughout the world. We protect some of our most threatened wildlife species and habitats, and provide practical conservation support through research, grant-aid, educational programmes, wildlife surveys, publications and public events.
- PTES’ current priority species and habitats include hazel dormice, hedgehogs, water voles, noble chafers, stag beetles, traditional orchards, native woodlands, wood pasture and parkland and hedgerows.
- PTES has Species Champions for three of its priority species: for hedgehogs The Rt Hon Chris Grayling, MP for Epsom & Ewell, for water voles The Rt Hon Hilary Benn, MP for Leeds Central and Chair of the Brexit Select Committee, and for dormice The Rt Hon Matt Hancock, MP for West Suffolk and Secretary of State for Health and Social Care.
- Visit www.ptes.org and follow PTES on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube & LinkedIn.