Home // Get involved // Surveys // In the countryside // Survey water voles // Report a water vole sighting

Report a water vole sighting

Have you seen a water vole? Our current survey is based around annual recording following special guidelines. This is the best way to find out how our water voles are doing. If you cannot take part in the National Water Vole Monitoring Programme and would like to record a one-off sighting, please follow the link below to find your Local Environmental Record Centre.

The best people to record your sightings with are your Local Environmental Records Centre as they will then be able to add it to their records as well as feed the information in to the National Water Vole Database and Mapping Project, which is run by The Wildlife Trusts.

You can find out who your Local Environmental Record Centre is by using the map on the Association of Local Environmental Record Centres website.

Thank you.

Let's keep in touch...

We'd love to tell you about our conservation work through our regular newsletter Wildlife World, and also how you can save endangered species through volunteering, taking action or donating. You must be 18 or over. The information that you provide will be held by People’s Trust for Endangered Species. For information on how PTES processes personal data, please see our privacy policy.

People's Trust For Endangered Species

People's Trust for Endangered Species, 3 Cloisters House, 8 Battersea Park Road, London SW8 4BG

Registered Charity Number: 274206 • Site Design: Mike Leach Creative at Waters • Branding: Be Colourful

Copyright PTES 2023

- Enter Your Location -
- or -