Cider Making Workshop
September 22 @ 10:00 am - 5:30 pm
Fancy getting hands-on and learning how to make craft cider the traditional way?
In celebration of the wonderful Urban Food Fortnight, we are putting on an event not to be missed! Join us for a day of apple pressing and cider making at our community cidery in Walthamstow.
You will have the chance to learn how we make our crafty Local Fox Cider and London Apple juice, getting hands-on experience at each stage of the process including making your own juice the traditional way using our apple press.
There will be music, good company, free cider and some delicious organic snacks from the wonderful Clearspring!
It will be super fun, informative and rewarding. We ask for a kind donation (suggested £10) to secure your place and for that, everyone gets delicious organic snacks, refreshments, training, a handout and a bottle of our Local Fox Cider as well as a unique day out in London. All proceeds go towards keeping our wonderful London harvesting, cider and juice project going.
What you need to know
- The day will run from 10 to 5.30pm
- Please bring a packed lunch or shops/cafes nearby
- It is an open unheated space so please wear warm comfortable clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. Some work is outside so beprepared for the weather. All must wear proper shoes i.e. no sandals, or open toes.
- No loose jewellery and hair will need to be tied up.
- Contact on the day is Lizzie on 07714 745407
- We will provide tea, coffee and some delicious Organic Clearspring gluten-free snacks including Roasted Seeds & Soya with Goji Berry, Organic 100% Fruit on the Go – PearSnack and Organic Sea Veg Crisps!
Make Cider and Support The Orchard Project
The Orchard Project run a lovely harvesting and juicing project where we make cider using surplus orchard and garden apples and pears. Some of the cider is shared with those that donate their fruit and the rest sold to help us upskill volunteers and restore orchards in London. You can find out more here https://www.theorchardproject.org.uk/
Saving our orchards one unloved piece of fruit at a time