Wildlife conservation charity People’s Trust for Endangered Species (PTES) has released its 2018 Christmas catalogue, offering a range of unique gifts perfect for anyone who loves wildlife. From a new hedgehog box full of hedgehoggy goodies to stylish woodland-inspired scarves, the catalogue showcases several stocking-filler ideas as well as larger gifts. Most importantly, 100% of the profits made will go directly to help wildlife in need, both in th UK and overseas.
PTES’ annual catalogue has gifts to suit all interests, from improving your own habitat with beautifully designed cushions and tea towels, to supporting conservation projects across the world. There are gifts for all budgets too, from wooden keyrings for £4.50 to bespoke and original watercolour wildlife illustrations priced at £45. So whether you want to help hedgehogs, protect pine martens or support snow leopards, there is something for everyone.
New items for 2018 include:
- Love Hedgehogs Box (£25): This box contains five hedgehoggy items, including a notepad, keyring and seedball mix, plus all proceeds go to help hedgehogs – the perfect present for any hedgehog lover.
- ‘Woodlanders’ scarf and umbrella (£20, £25): These two items both feature cute woodland animal illustrations, including hedgehogs, foxes and owls. So whether you’re looking to brighten up a rainy day or your outfit, these items are for you.
- Layla Amber earrings and brooches (£8, £10): Designed and handmade by Suffolk-based artist Layla Amber, the intricate pieces of wooden jewellery on offer include delicate hare, hedgehog or squirrel earrings (with silver plated earring posts) and laser-cut and varnished brooches.
- Shopping list pad (£4 each): These new magnetic notepads are available in three different designs – a hedgehog, a red squirrel or an orangutan – ideal for your shopping or ‘things to do’ list.
If you’re unsure of what to buy someone who already has ‘everything’, PTES also offers ‘Gifts for Nature’ – £20 donations whereby the recipient simply receives an illustrated card explaining how their donation is helping a range of endangered species. This year’s gift options include: ‘Water vole SOS’, ‘Making room for hedgehogs’, ‘Leaping into action for snow leopards’ and ‘Wild about cider’.
The full range of gifts can be viewed and purchased online at www.ptes.org/shop.
– ENDS –
For further information, interviews, or images call Adela Cragg or Jane Bevan at Firebird PR:
T: 01235 835 297/ 07977 459 547
Notes to Editors
- PTES, a UK conservation charity created in 1977, is ensuring a future for endangered species throughout the world. We protect some of our most threatened wildlife species and habitats, and provide practical conservation support through research, grant-aid, educational programmes, wildlife surveys, publications and public events.
- Our current priority species and habitats include hazel dormice, hedgehogs, water voles, noble chafers, stag beetles, traditional orchards, native woodlands, wood pasture and parkland and hedgerows.
- PTES has Species Champions for two of its priority species: The Rt Hon Chris Grayling, MP for Epsom & Ewell and Secretary of State of Transport for the UK’s native hedgehog, and The Rt Hon Hilary Benn, MP for Leeds Central and Chair of the Brexit Select Committee for the UK’s native water vole.
- If you want to support PTES’ ongoing conservation work, you can donate £3 by texting ‘PTES18 £3’ to 70070.
- Visit ptes.org and follow PTES on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ptes), Twitter (@PTES) and Instagram (ptes_org)