Northamptonshire orchard groups
To find community orchards local to you, see our community orchard map
- Midshires Orchard Group – The Mid Shires Orchard Group aims to conserve and promote enjoyment and use of the local orchards and rich apple traditions of the four ‘mid-shires’ counties of Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire and Warwickshire.
- Who we are: We are a friendly community group, run by volunteers and administered by an elected committee. New members are welcomed! We value the enthusiasm, ideas and contributions that each one brings to the group and we enjoy learning from each other. In return, we offer support for a range of heritage fruit endeavours and aim to cover all topics of interest to our members. We also have a programme of social and educational events, held throughout the year.
Our four main themes of seasonal celebration are: Winter Wassail, Springtime Scionwood Swap, Summer Field Trip and Autumn Apple Days. These popular events act as social focal points for our members and also serve to increase public awareness of top fruit heritage, promote related skills and give wider access to local and unusual varieties. In addition, they allow us to reach out to communities across our four counties, helping them develop, conserve, enjoy and make use of their heritage fruit trees, orchards and harvests.
Where to buy trees in Northamptonshire
- Heritage Fruit Tree Co – local varieties for Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire and Warwickshire. 01295 810516 or 01295 712272
Where to buy orchard produce in Northamptonshire
- New Creation Farm – Grow over 20 varieties of English apples across the season, several pear varieties, around 5 plum varieties, plus soft fruit. The Farm Shop is open 6 days a week, Aug-Mar. Furnace Lane, Nether Heyford, Northampton N7 3L. 01327 344511
- Saxby Cider – Made in the Crafty Pig Cider House. Stockists in Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire and Lincolnshire