Lincolnshire orchard groups
To find community orchards local to you, see our community orchard map
- East of England Apples and Orchards Project (EEAOP) – works to ensure a future for local orchard fruits and orchards. It covers Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk and Suffolk. They supply local variety fruit trees, attend Apple Days, run workshops and produce a newsletter. There are about 250 local fruit varieties and EEAOP work to preserve the varieties and their orchard habitat for their local significance, genetic diversity, as local food sources and for their landscape and wildlife value.
- Stamford Community Orchard Group is a non-profit making group based in the Lincolnshire market town of Stamford. Their aim is to preserve the old orchards that still exist in the town, to establish new orchards and to rediscover old apple varieties.
Where to buy trees in Lincolnshire
- East of England Apples and Orchards Project (EEAOP) – – catalogue has over 240 varieties of apples, pears, plums and cherries. Supply standard or half standard bare-root trees
- Marc Richmond – runs a small nursery specialising in heritage apple trees and those of the East Midlands, all grown to organic standards.
Orchard services and produce in Lincolnshire
- Churchill Ciders – based in Spalding Lincolnshire and make ciders using fresh pressed juice from locally collected apples.
- Skidbrooke Cyder Co. – Produce Lincolnshire cider from locally sourced apples including cookers, eaters, crab and cider apples. Products include farmhouse cider, mead, apple juice and cider vinegar.
- P. Scaman & Son – Galley Hill Farm pick your own or buy bulk. Lots of varieties of apple, pear, soft-fruit.
- Woolsthorpe Manor (National Trust), has Isaac Newton’s Apple Tree is one of our oldest varieties, descended from the tree which grew in Isaac Newton’s garden there in the 1660s, a falling apple from which reputedly gave Newton the idea for his Theory of Gravity. It is also known as the Gravity Tree and the Flower of Kent.